Hey catalogers and metadata librarians, this new RDA forum looks like a great way to keep up on the up-and-coming cataloging code, RDA.
ALA Connect is a new platform ALA is using for committee work as well as less formal information sharing and networking. We have created a community for RDA, open to nonmembers of ALA, which is available at: https://connect.ala.org/RDAforum
Please join the community. Below are functions of the ALA Connect platform.
- Posts (which are like blog posts)
- Online docs (which are like collaborative, wiki-like pages or Google Docs)
- Group calendar (for listing meetings, deadlines, etc.) -Surveys (for asking multiple questions at once)
- Polls (for asking a single question)
- Chat room (text-based, including the ability to save a transcript of the discussion)
- Discussion forums (also known as “bulletin boards”)
Patrick HoganDirector, Online ResourcesAmerican Library Association Publishing